We are so excited and proud to announce the launch of our new Fearless Pancake & Waffle Mix! 👑
Ever since Lauren and I became keto-converts, our journey and advocacy for a healthier lifestyle through a low carb diet has transcended into a passion for creating nutritious and tasty low carb alternatives that everyone, regardless of their eating style, can enjoy. We admit that this passion was also driven by our own desire to develop low carb hacks for many of our “pre-keto” favorites. We were committed to making “low carb” our way of eating for the long haul, so we worked on ways to make it absolutely sustainable and enjoyable.
It was the feedback of many of our Fearless followers that fueled the inspiration for our new Fearless Keto “better-for-you” baking mix – so thank you to everybody who helped us along the way! Our home kitchen became ground zero for developing this product, and, for several months, we continued tweaking the recipe to keep the number of ingredients as low, minimally processed, and nutrient-dense as possible. The unique nutritional profile and natural nutty, dense, rich texture of the assorted baked products you can create with our mix are a healthy eater’s dream – whether you follow Keto or simply seek a low-carb option to a traditional pancake or baking mix.
Our new Fearless Pancake & Waffle mix the first, and only, walnut-based, Keto-friendly baking mix on the market today. But that is not the only reason our new pancake & waffle mix is so unique! In addition to developing a baking mix made with only a handful of easily sourced, wholesome and natural ingredients, Lauren and I focused on creating a product for the carb-and health-conscious consumer with five specific goals in mind:
1. Combine a nutritional superstar, the walnut, with two functional foods: 1) grass-fed collagen and 2) gluten-free, prebiotic oat fiber. Not well-known to most, walnut flour has an even better nutritional profile for those on the Keto Diet than almond flour, which is a key ingredient in many Keto baking mixes today.
2. Reduce carb content while preserving a pleasant sweetness by using natural low carb sweeteners with no discernible aftertaste. We use a mixture of monk fruit extract, premium stevia extract, and erythritol.
3. Offer a distinctive and superior taste with the use of natural maple and banana flavors.
4. Create a versatile, multi-purpose mix that can be used for a variety of baked goods – these mixes can be used to make muffins, mug ‘cakes’, and even baked donuts. Yes, we said donuts! 🍩(see below for instructions!)
5. Showcase and preserve—not conceal—the full, rich flavor of walnuts. Walnuts are an incredible source of omega-3 fatty acids and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).
We hope that you enjoy our mixes, and the assorted baked items that can be made with them, as much as we do!
With love from our kitchen to yours,
Lauren & Mary 👑
Baking Tips & Suggestions for Using Our #Fearless Mix
For making pancakes using a griddle:
- Set the griddle temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Keep pancake size small for ease of flipping. Approximately 2 heaping tablespoons of batter works well for making one 3½-inch pancake.
- Cooking time ranges between 2½ to 3 minutes for the first side and 1½ to 2 minutes for the second side.
For making waffles:
- Set temperature on waffle iron to medium-to-high.
- Oil/spray the waffle iron grid plate for best results, especially if it’s not a nonstick surface.
- Approximately 2 heaping tablespoons of batter makes one ~4-inch square waffle. This size (or smaller) allows for easy removal and faster cooking time.
- If waffle iron does not have automatic timer, cooking time is ~1½ to 2 minutes.
For other baked treats:
For microwavable ‘mug cakes’ or ‘mug muffins’: Prepare mix according to directions on package. Add 4 tablespoons, or ¼ cup, of batter to microwave-safe bowl or ramekin and microwave on high for approximately 55 seconds.
For baked mini-donuts: Prepare mix according to directions on package. Add 1 heaping tablespoon of batter to preheated mini-donut maker and bake for 2 to 2½ minutes (depending on the size of mini-donut cavity).
For oven-baked muffins: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare mix according to directions on package. Note: this recipe will require a little less water than that used for pancakes & waffles. Use 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons of batter for each regular-sized muffin and bake for 20 to 22 minutes. For ‘mini-muffins’, use one heaping tablespoon of batter and bake for 10-12 minutes.