Yield: 16 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 1 bag (3 cups) Fearless Maple Pancake & Muffin Mix
- 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 2 tsp orange zest (optional)
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar-free sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup (4 Tbsp) sour cream
- 1 cup canned (no-added-sugar) pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Oil muffin tin or line muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, stir together maple mix, pumpkin pie spice, ¼ cup of chopped walnuts, and orange zest (optional). Set aside.
- Use an electric or hand mixer to beat eggs in a large bowl for ~1 minute or until frothy.
- Add sweetener, sour cream, and pumpkin and beat all together.
- Add dry mixture to pumpkin mixture and use mixer to blend all together until a smooth batter is formed.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin cavities and fill to ~¾ capacity. For a 12-cavity muffin tin you will need to repeat the baking process for the balance of the batter. You can also use a mini-loaf pan or other small baking dish to accommodate the leftover batter.
- Sprinkle the balance of the chopped walnuts (¼ cup) on the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes (Note: muffins will continue to cook after removing from oven so avoid over baking).
- Refrigerate or freeze leftover muffins for an on-the-go breakfast or anytime snack.