Servings: 12 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 1½ cups superfine almond flour
- ½ cup walnut meal
- ¼ cup oat fiber
- ⅓ cup Monksweet or equivalent granular sweetener
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice (or make your own: 2 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp ginger, ¼ tsp cloves, and ¼ tsp nutmeg)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs + 1 egg white
- ¾ cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange zest or ½ tsp orange extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple extract (optional)
- Optional Topping: Fearless Candied Maple Glaze Walnuts or your own personal favorite nut topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line and/or oil a 12-cavity muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, walnut meal, oat fiber, granular sweetener, spices, baking powder and salt until well-combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use an electric or hand mixer to beat the eggs and egg white until frothy, followed by the Greek yogurt, pumpkin, orange zest, and extracts, and continue to blend until smooth.
- Use a spatula to blend together the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until a smooth batter is formed.
- Use a tablespoon to evenly scoop the batter into the lined muffin tin (approximately 2 heaping tablespoons of batter per cavity).
- Optional: Top with chopped walnuts or walnut halves, gently pressing them into the batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tops are firm to touch. (Note: muffins will continue to cook after removing from the oven so avoid over baking!)
- To keep muffins moist after removing them from the oven, lightly cover the muffins with a sheet of aluminum foil or wax paper.