Yield: ¾ cup
Net Carbs: 0g
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup Monksweet sweetener or equivalent natural sugar-free sweetener
- ½ tsp butter extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp maple extract (optional: add for darker ‘corn’ syrup)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Pour water into a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in sweetener until completely dissolved.
- Microwave water and sweetener mixture for an additional 30 seconds.
- Whisk in extracts.
- Sprinkle xanthan gum over the top as you whisk mixture, ensuring that it dissolves completely.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for the mixture to develop into a thicker texture.
If you have leftovers, how long and how would you store this?
Hi Brian! The keto corn syrup can be stored in a glass jar or other airtight container in the refrigerator for several days, if not a couple of weeks.
This is great!, I use to have corn syrup all the time when I was little, until I found out how really bad it was for your health.
Do you think this recipe would work for caramel corn? I’d rather not use the high fructose corn syrup.
Hi Carol! We haven’t tried making caramel corn with our syrup, so we aren’t quite sure if it would work. There is an awesome recipe for sugar free caramel corn here on this website: https://joyfilledeats.com/salted-caramel-popcorn/ Hope this helps!