Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
- 4 Tbsp avocado or olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces (1 package) extra firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 12 oz can coconut milk (full fat)
- 2½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup chili sauce for garnish (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over low-to-medium heat.
- Add tofu cubes and fry, stirring occasionally, for approximately 15 minutes or until all sides reach a golden color.
- Remove tofu from skillet and set aside.
- Add balance of oil to skillet.
- Add onion, garlic, and cilantro and cook until tender.
- Stir in coconut milk and spices.
- Return tofu to the skillet, stirring to combine with curry sauce.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Optional: Serve with sugar-free garlic chili sauce.