Yield: 9 slices
Serving size: 1 slice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (can also use frozen blueberries, thawed and drained)
- 1 Tbsp Monksweet or equivalent sweetener
- 1 tsp lemon juice (or water)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- ¼ cup Monksweet or equivalent sweetener
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups (½ bag) Fearless Vanilla Pancake & Muffin Mix
- ¼ tsp salt
- Powdered/confectioner sweetener (optional topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Generously oil or line an 8” x 8” or 9” x 9” square baking pan/dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the blueberries with 1 Tbsp of the sweetener and lemon juice/water (and optional lemon zest) and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a hand or electric mixer to beat the butter and ¼ cup of sweetener until well-combined; Add the eggs, followed by the cream, and continue blending all ingredients until mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add in the ½ bag of Fearless Mix and the salt to the wet mixture and beat to form a smooth batter.
- Pour ~⅔ of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the blueberries evenly over the batter and then top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for ~25 to 29 minutes (Note: Cake will continue to cook after removing from oven so avoid overbaking).
- Top with powdered/confectioner sweetener or as desired. Can slice while still warm.
- Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers in an airtight container for an on-the-go/anytime snack.