Yield: 14 pancakes
Serving size: 2 pancakes
- 1 bag (3 cups) Fearless Maple Pancake & Muffin Mix
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp orange zest (optional)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 5 Tbsp sour cream
- ⅓ cup canned (no-added-sugar) pumpkin
- 2-4 Tbsp unsweetened nut milk (based on desired batter thickness)
- Optional add-in for batter or topping: ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Combine all dry ingredients (maple mix, pumpkin pie spice, orange zest) in a medium bowl.
- Add the beaten eggs, sour cream, and pumpkin to the dry mixture and blend together to form a smooth batter.
- Add small amounts of nut milk at a time (i.e. by the tablespoon) to reach a desired batter consistency (Note: Batter will thicken as it stands).
- Using the cooking instructions on the back of the Pancake & Muffin mix, add ~2 Tbsp of batter to a lightly oiled pre-heated skillet or griddle set to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Flip pancakes when edges are set and a spatula can be placed underneath pancake edges (1-2 minutes) and cook the other side for ~1 minute (Note: Pancakes will continue to cook after removing from heat source so avoid overcooking).
- Keep pancakes covered (i.e. with foil wrap or wax paper) to minimize loss of moisture.
- Top pancakes with nuts or other desired toppings and enjoy while they’re warm. Can wrap and freeze any leftovers.