Yield: 14 pancakes
Serving size: 2 pancakes
- 1 bag (3 cups) Fearless Maple Pancake & Muffin Mix
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp orange zest (optional)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 5 Tbsp sour cream
- ⅓ cup canned (no-added-sugar) pumpkin
- 2-4 Tbsp unsweetened nut milk (based on desired batter thickness)
- Optional add-in for batter or topping: ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Combine all dry ingredients (maple mix, pumpkin pie spice, orange zest) in a medium bowl.
- Add the beaten eggs, sour cream, and pumpkin to the dry mixture and blend together to form a smooth batter.
- Add small amounts of nut milk at a time (i.e. by the tablespoon) to reach a desired batter consistency (Note: Batter will thicken as it stands).
- Using the cooking instructions on the back of the Pancake & Muffin mix, add ~2 Tbsp of batter to a lightly oiled pre-heated skillet or griddle set to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Flip pancakes when edges are set and a spatula can be placed underneath pancake edges (1-2 minutes) and cook the other side for ~1 minute (Note: Pancakes will continue to cook after removing from heat source so avoid overcooking).
- Keep pancakes covered (i.e. with foil wrap or wax paper) to minimize loss of moisture.
- Top pancakes with nuts or other desired toppings and enjoy while they’re warm. Can wrap and freeze any leftovers.
These look so amazing! Is there an alternative for the Fearless Maple Pancake & Muffin Mix as I apparently can’t get delivered to The Netherlands? I would love to make these. Thank you 😀
Yes, we love these pancakes and all the goodies that can be made with our versatile mixes. Unfortunately, we are currently the only walnut-based pancake & muffin mix on the market here in the US and are not aware of an alternative in The Netherlands. We wish you all the best in finding a similar product and please keep in touch!