Yield: 3 cups
Serving size: 2 Tbsp
- 1 lb bag frozen shelled edamame beans (~2 cups shelled)
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- ⅓ cup lemon juice (~2 large or 3 medium lemons)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp ground cumin (optional)
- ¼ tsp red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 to 6 Tbsp water
Garnish: Drizzled olive oil, roasted red pepper slices, sesame seeds, and/or additional cilantro leaves
- Place frozen bag of shelled edamame in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 3 to 4 minutes or according to package. Remove and allow bag to sit for a minute before opening.
- Combine edamame and remainder of ingredients, including 4 tbsp of water, in a food processor and blend on high for 10 to 20 seconds at a time until smooth. If a thinner consistency is desired, can add additional water, olive oil and/or lemon juice.
- Transfer the hummus into a serving bowl and garnish as desired.
- Can refrigerate for up to 6 days.