Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: ¾ cup
- ¾ cup Carrington Farms Ground Lupin
- 1½ cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped red or green pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped parsley (or 1 tsp dried flakes)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (or ½ tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tsp curry powder (or any favorite spice blend)
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp crushed dried red pepper
- Optional add-ons: lime/lemon juice, feta cheese, pine nuts, slivered almonds
- Combine lupin and broth in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 3 minutes. Remove from the microwave and stir for a few seconds before returning to the microwave to cook for an additional 1¼ to 1½ minutes, or until most of the broth/liquid has been absorbed. Set the bowl aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, heat the olive oil until shimmering and add the mushrooms, pepper, onions, and garlic, stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the spices and stir together until well-combined.
- Add the cooked lupin mixture, stirring well to blend in with the sautéed vegetables and spices.
- Adjust seasonings to taste, as needed, and remove from heat.
- Optional stir-ins: 2 tsp lime or lemon juice, 1 oz crumbled feta cheese, 2 Tbsp pine nuts or slivered almonds.
- Serve hot or cold.