Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 5 pieces
Nutrition Breakdown per Serving
140 calories,16g protein, 2g net carbs, 13g fiber, 8g fat
- 1 cup water
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 cup Carrington Farms Ground Lupin Bean
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line and spray a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- Heat water in a microwave safe bowl and stir in bouillon until dissolved. Set bowl aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine and mix together the “dry” ingredients, beginning with the ground lupin through the baking soda.
- Add broth to the dry mixture in the mixing bowl and stir together until well-combined. Blend in the lemon juice, olive oil, and beaten egg whites and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Use hands to form the mixture into small, golf ball-sized shapes and place 2-inches apart on baking sheet.
- Spray falafel balls with olive oil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tops are slightly golden brown, turning over after 10 to 15 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Enjoy with your favorite tzatziki sauce and serve over a bed of mixed greens, cucumber, and grape tomatoes.