Yield: 12 slices
Serving size: 1 slice
Crust & Sauce
- 24 oz cream cheese (3 8-oz bars), softened
- ½ cup golden or brown sweetener (i.e. Lakanto Golden)
- ⅓ cup cacao butter, melted
- 3 large eggs + 1 egg white
- 2 tsp caramel extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions For Cheesecake Filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese using a hand or electric mixer, until smooth.
- Blend in the sweetener, followed by the melted cacao butter and continue to mix until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the egg white and both extracts until well incorporated into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan over the crust and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the center is almost set but still jiggly (Note: to prevent over-browning during baking, cover the cheesecake with foil after 30 minutes).
- Allow the cheesecake to cool in the pan on the counter until reaching room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight (do not remove the cake from the pan until completely set).
- Remove the chilled cake from the pan and drizzle with Keto Caramel Sauce before serving.