Serving Size: 1 cup
Net Carbs: 5g per serving
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup unsweetened plain nut milk (coconut or almond)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp poultry seasoning (thyme, sage, rosemary)
- In a large pot sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil until slightly brown.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 10-15 minutes.
- Blend in xanthan gum into nut milk in a separate bowl.
- Add chicken or vegetable broth, cream, nut milk, sea salt, black pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and then allow to simmer for 15 minutes.