Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice
Net Carbs: 3.5g per serving
Fat: 29g per serving
Protein: 18g per serving
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 12 oz bag of frozen chopped kale
- 2 Tbsp diced onion
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 eggs
- 2 Tbsp half & half
- 2 cups shredded Italian-style cheese (divided into one cup portions)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a 12″ cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add kale and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and seasoning and continue sautéing for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- While vegetables are sautéing, whisk together eggs, half & half, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Fold the sautéed vegetables into the egg mixture.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the balance of the olive oil, evenly coating the skillet.
- Pour and spread the egg and vegetable mixture into the skillet. Top with the remainder of the shredded cheese.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, or until frittata is set.
- Let your frittata sit for five minutes before slicing.