Yield: 4 servings (see nutrition label below)
- 4 Tbsp (¼ cup) olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken breast cutlets
- ⅔ cup black walnuts
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1½ tsp onion powder, divided
- ¾ tsp garlic powder, divided
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- Fresh Parmesan, shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together 2 Tbsp of olive oil and the chicken cutlets, ensuring that each cutlet is coated well.
- Pulse the black walnuts in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs.
- In another medium sized bowl, combine finely chopped walnuts with the Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, rosemary, 1 tsp onion powder, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper.
- Coat the chicken cutlets (all sides) in the walnut crumb mixture. Lay the chicken on top of the aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Arrange the broccoli and bell pepper slices around the chicken and drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle vegetables with ½ tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and flip the chicken over and stir the veggies. Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Optional: Garnish cutlets with fresh shredded parmesan before serving.