Serving size: 1 baked cheese stick
Net carbs: 1.3g per serving
Fat: 9.4g per serving
Protein: 11.4g per serving
- 12 Mozzarella cheese sticks
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup pork panko
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Unwrap the cheese sticks and set aside
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the pork panko, almond flour, Parmesan cheese, sesame seeds, and seasonings.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together until well-blended.
- Roll each cheese stick in the egg and then roll in the panko/almond flour mixture. Repeat this process at least one more time until each cheese stick is well-coated.
- Place breaded cheese sticks directly on large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place baking sheet in freezer until cheese sticks are completely frozen (minimum of 30 minutes).
For Oven Baked Cheese Sticks
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove cheese sticks from freezer and bake for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn each stick over and bake for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
For Pan-fried Cheese Sticks
- Remove cheese sticks from freezer.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and fry cheese sticks for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until light golden brown in color.
Serve with marinara or other sauce of choice, if desired.