Yield: 14 biscotti cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup Monksweet or other natural granulated sweetener
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp unflavored whey protein isolate powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup sliced or chopped almonds
- ⅓ cup Lily’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 7 (dry) ingredients.
- Add balance of ingredients to the dry mixture, blending well to form a dough.
- Turn dough out onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and form into a semi-flattened log or a rectangular shape, about 4″ x 11″.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife and a straight up and down motion, cut into approximately 14 slices.
- Place slices back on baking sheet, cut-side down.
- Bake 15 minutes, then flip biscotti over.
- Turn off oven and keep the biscotti inside the oven until completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container (you can also freeze).