Yield: 5 portions
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup shredded Italian-style cheese
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 Romano tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Garnish with additional basil or as desired
- Thoroughly coat a 12-inch iron-cast or ovenproof skillet with the olive oil and set over low to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, shredded Italian cheese, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper until evenly combined.
- Pour mixture into the pan and cook on low to medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until the sides are set and slightly browned and the middle jiggles with a gentle shake.
- Remove skillet from burner and top with the slices of cheese and tomatoes.
- Turn on the broiler and set an oven rack approximately 6 inches from the top. Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until the frittata is puffed and set, and the cheese is melted. Keep watch to avoid burning!
- Remove and garnish as desired.