Servings: 12 (¾ inch) slices
Serving size: 1 slice
- 3 cups (entire bag) #Fearless Keto Banana Pancake & Muffin mix
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 stick butter (½ cup), softened
- ⅓ cup Monksweet or equivalent low-carb sweetener of choice
- 4 large eggs at room temperature (helps with blending & rising!)
- ¼ cup sour cream or higher fat Greek yogurt
- 2 to 3 Tbsp nut milk (or as needed)
Optional: 1 small (6 inch) banana, mashed – adds less than 2g of additional net carbs per serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper – paper should rise slightly above the ends of the loaf pan for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, mix together the contents of the banana mix, ¼ cup of walnuts, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a separate large bowl, use a hand or electric mixer to blend the butter and the sweetener until fluffy. Beat in the eggs followed by the sour cream, nut milk, and optional mashed banana until mixture is smooth. Add an additional 1-2 Tbsp of nut milk, as needed, if batter is too thick.
- By hand (no need for mixer), blend the dry ingredient mixture into the wet mixture in the large bowl, and combine all ingredients well, forming a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter into the lined loaf pan. Sprinkle the balance of the chopped walnuts (¼ cup) on the top and gently press them into the batter.
- Bake for 40 to 44 minutes – cover with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to prevent over-browning (note: the center of the loaf might appear slightly undercooked, but will continue to cook after removing from the oven so avoid overbaking)
- Allow to cool in the loaf pan before removing and slicing. Freeze for a “grab-and-go” breakfast or snack – wrap and place in an airtight container.