Yield: 12 slices
Serving size: 1 slice per serving
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup Monksweet or equivalent sweetener
- 3 Tbsps coconut oil (room temperature)
- Dash of salt
- Two 8-oz packages regular cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Monksweet or equivalent sweetener
- 2 large whole eggs
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp coconut extract
- ½ cup shredded or flaked unsweetened coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, process walnuts on high until they reach a ‘meal’ consistency.
- Add coconut, sweetener, coconut oil, and salt and process until mixture has a crumb texture.
- Transfer mixture into a well-oiled 9″ to 10″ flat-rimmed or fluted pie dish and press mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the dish and partly up the sides.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric or hand mixer until smooth.
- Blend in sweetener and mix until well combined.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add coconut milk, vanilla extract, and coconut extract and continue to mix until reaching a smooth consistency.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until surface is slightly browned and middle is fairly firm (with a negligible ‘jiggle’).
- Sprinkle top with toasted coconut.
- Allow to cool slightly before covering with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.