Yield: 12 slices
Serving size: 1 slice
- ½ cup Monksweet or equivalent sugar-free granulated sweetener
- 5 Tbsp butter, softened
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice (or 2 Tbsp for less tartness)
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 3 cups (entire bag) Fearless Vanilla Pancake & Muffin Mix
- ½ cup sugar-free confectioner-style sweetener
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- Optional topping: shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9”x 5” or an 8” x 4” loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use a hand or electric blender to cream the sweetener and butter together.
- Add the eggs and continue beating well after the addition of each egg, followed by the lemon juice and the zest.
- Use a spatula to stir the mix into the wet mixture and combine until reaching a smooth consistency (Note: batter might appear too thin but will thicken as it stands).
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for ~45 to 50 minutes (Note: The center of the loaf could still be slightly loose but the loaf will continue to bake after removing from oven – avoid overbaking).
- Allow to cool before removing from loaf pan. In the meantime, prepare the lemon glaze.
- Combine the powdered sweetener, lemon juice, and lemon zest (optional) in a small bowl.
- Stir until smooth and drizzle onto slightly cooled lemon loaf.
- Optional: Garnish with shredded coconut.
- Slice and enjoy! Freeze leftover slices in an airtight container for an “anytime” snack.