Yield: 12 cupcakes
Serving size: 1 cupcake
- ¼ cup butter (½ stick), softened
- ¼ cup Monksweet or other equivalent granulated sweetener
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (to enhance the chocolate flavor)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 bag (3 cups) Fearless Chocolate Pancake & Muffin Mix
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (no-added-sugar)
- ¾ cup sugar-free powdered/confectioner’s sweetener
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line and oil a 12-cavity muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sweetener with an electric or hand mixer until light and fluffy, followed by the sour cream and vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each.
- Use a large spatula to stir in the bag of Fearless Chocolate mix until mixture is thoroughly combined and a smooth batter is formed.
- Divide batter between 12 lined/oiled muffin cups (~2 Tbsp per cavity). Note: batter will thicken as it stands so no need to add additional liquid.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes (Note: cupcakes will continue to cook after removing from oven so avoid over baking).
- Cover the cupcakes with aluminum foil or parchment/wax paper as they cool to help preserve their moisture.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and cream cheese with a hand or electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in pumpkin puree and continue to blend mixture. Gradually add in the powdered sweetener, followed by the cinnamon, until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate frosting for ~30 minutes as the cupcakes are cooling.
- Fill a cake decorator, ziplock bag, or pastry bag with the slightly cooled frosting and pipe over completely cooled cupcakes. Enjoy!
- Optional: Top frosted cupcakes with sugar-free chocolate chips