Yield: 14 slices
Serving size: 1 slice
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp ground golden flaxseed meal
- 3 Tbsp unflavored whey protein powder
- 2 Tbsp Monksweet or equivalent sweetener
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 32 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup Monksweet or equivalent sweetener
- 3 whole large eggs + 1 large egg white, slightly beaten.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ recipe (~6 oz) Low Carb Raspberry Jam. Can also use an equivalent low-carb raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and oil sides of pan well.
- To make the crust, stir the almond flour, flaxseed meal, whey protein, sweetener, salt, cinnamon, and butter in a medium bowl until thoroughly blended (the dough will be slightly crumbly).
- Firmly press the dough evenly into the bottom of the springform pan and partly up the sides.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly golden.
- As the crust cools, use a mixer to beat together the cream cheese and sweetener on low-to medium speed until fluffy. Gradually add in the eggs, followed by the vanilla and lemon juice.
- Pour half the cheesecake filling into the cooled crust in the springform pan, using a spatula to smooth out the top.
- With a small spoon, dollop half of the jam in a spiral pattern over the top of the batter. Repeat with the remaining cheesecake filling and jam.
- Place the pan on the middle rack of the oven and bake for ~1 hour or until the center is almost set but still jiggly (Note: the cheesecake will continue to bake after oven is turned off so avoid overbaking).
- Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for an additional 10 minutes with the door propped open.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool completely before covering in cling wrap and refrigerating. For best results, refrigerate for several hours before serving.