Yield: 10 cups
Serving size: 1½ cups
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ lb cooked chicken breasts or thighs, shredded or diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 stalks celery (12” long), diced (note: reserve the celery leaves – to be added last)
- 1 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup carrots, thinly sliced (optional)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried thyme (optional)
- 1 quart (4 cups) chicken stock
- 1 lb zucchini, “spiralized” (approximately 8 cups or 3 medium-sized zucchini)
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, celery, green onions, and carrots (optional) and stir often for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the oregano, basil, and thyme (optional) for 20 to 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock and bring mixture to a boil. Stir in spiralized zucchini noodles and cooked chicken. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Add salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Add the celery leaves and stir into the soup before serving.