Yield: 5 cups
Serving size: 1 cup
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp sesame oil, divided (can also use avocado or olive oil)
- 1 lb fresh or frozen riced cauliflower
- ½ cup shredded green or red cabbage
- ¼ cup chopped red or green pepper
- ¼ cup shredded carrots (optional)
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp soy or tamari sauce (or to taste)
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds, sliced cashews, or peanuts
- 2 tsp chili sauce (optional)
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the oil in a wok or large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add riced cauliflower, cabbage, pepper, and carrots (optional) and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Stir in green onions, mushrooms, and garlic and continue to cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetable mixture is tender.
- Push the vegetable mixture to one side of the wok/pan and add the beaten eggs. Scramble eggs for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cooked to your liking, and then blend in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the soy/tamari sauce and the remaining 2 tsp of the oil, continuing to stir frequently to blend in the flavors.
- Stir in the nuts and chili paste (optional) and adjust seasoning according to taste.
- Garnish as desired.