Yield: 8 scones
Serving size: 1 scone
- 1 bag (3 cups) #Fearless Keto Chocolate Pancake & Muffin Mix
- ¼ cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips (i.e. Lily’s)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp Monksweet or equivalent granular sweetener
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp or 1 oz sugar-free chocolate chips or chopped chocolate pieces (i.e. Lily’s). If using unsweetened chocolate: 1 Tbsp sugar-free confectioner’s/powdered sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Fearless Chocolate Mix and the chocolate chips.
- Add the beaten eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract (optional) and stir well, blending ingredients together until a dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and use hands to press out the dough to form a circle ~8 inches in diameter.
- Cut the dough into 8 wedges and use a cake or pie server to carefully lift and place wedges at least 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Note: scones will continue to cook after removing from oven. Do not over bake. Cover scones with foil to keep them moist. Allow to cool completely.
- For the drizzle, add the heavy cream to a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 15 to 20 seconds or until bubbling. Add the chocolate chips/chopped chocolate and stir until melted. Note: if using unsweetened chocolate, add the confectioner’s sweetener and stir until smooth.
- Use a cake decorator (or small ziplock bag with corner tip cut off) to drizzle the chocolate over the cooled scones. Freeze leftovers in an airtight container.