Serving size: 1/12 of the crust
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup ground walnuts or walnut meal
- 3 Tbsp golden flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup golden or brown sweetener (e.g. Lakanto Golden)
- ¼ cup unflavored whey protein powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper or oil a 9-inch pie plate.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients (all but the butter and vanilla extract) in a food processor or in a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla extract and continue to blend together until all ingredients are well incorporated and a dough-like mixture is formed.
- Press the dough firmly onto the bottom and partially up the sides of a springform pan or an oiled pie plate.
- Prick the dough with a fork.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until slightly golden and allow to cool before adding any filling.