Serving Size: ~10 crackers
Net Carbs: 4g per serving
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tsp chia seeds, divided (1 tsp for sprinkling)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning or ½ tsp each of fresh thyme and rosemary
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 large egg white (beaten)
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place the rack in the center position.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients except for the cheese and egg.
- Add the beaten egg and egg white along with the cheese and work the ingredients to form a dough ball.
- Cut two pieces of parchment paper large enough to fit a large sheet pan at least 17”x13”
- Place one of the pieces of parchment paper on the counter and spray with baking oil of your choice.
- Place ball of dough in the center of the oiled parchment paper.
- Spray the other piece of parchment paper and lay it spray-side down over dough.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough into a large rectangle about 1/8” to 1/16″ thick.
- Remove the top piece of parchment and cut the the dough into approximately 1” to 1½” squares using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tsp chia.
- Slide the parchment paper onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes until slightly browned.
- Turn off the oven and let it cook for up to an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove from the oven and remove crackers from the paper, placing them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Break apart when cool. Store in airtight container.
Pair with: Smoked Salmon & Caper Spread