Serving Size: 1 stuffed mushroom
Net Carbs: less than 2g per serving
- 12 large white mushrooms with stems removed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 3 Tbsp sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 4 oz regular cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup freshly shredded Parmesan or Roman cheese
Base & Filling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Add spinach, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and salt.
- Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat.
- In a medium bowl blend together cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- Add the skillet ingredients to the bowl and blend thoroughly.
- Spoon and distribute spinach and cheese mixture onto each mushroom.
- In a separate small bowl, combine butter, cheese and almond flour to form a crumb texture.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over each mushroom.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until mushrooms are softened and crumb topping is golden brown.