Servings: 8 slices
Net Carbs: 2g per slice
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 Tbsp psyllium husk
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup cauliflower rice, steamed
- ¼ cup grass fed butter, melted
- 3 whole large eggs
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 3 egg whites
- Coconut or olive oil for oiling loaf pan
Topping suggestions: dried or fresh rosemary or thyme, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, shredded cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line oiled loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Set aside steamed cauliflower rice to cool.
- In a large food processor mix almond flour, psyllium husk, flaxseed, salt, xanthan gum, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, add cream of tartar to egg whites and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Add the steamed cauliflower rice, butter, and whole eggs gradually to the processor and pulse until just blended.
- Add the whipped egg whites and pulse until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Transfer batter to the loaf pan and smooth top with bottom of oiled spoon.
- Sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Bake for 55 minutes until bread is browned on top.