Yield: 8 Servings
Serving Size: 4 oz
Net Carbs: 2g per serving
- 2 cups unsweetened nut milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 6 whole eggs
- ½ cup MonkSweet with Stevia sweetener (or to taste)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ to ½ cup dark rum
- Add nut milk, heavy cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a saucepan and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add eggs and sweetener to a large bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add the nut milk mixture to the egg mixture gradually, whisking constantly to avoid curdling.
- Return mixture back to saucepan and cook over low to medium heat for 10 minutes or until mixture reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from heat and sieve into a medium bowl.
- Stir in vanilla and rum to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate. Eggnog will thicken as it cools.
- If eggnog is too thick when ready to serve, add nut milk to get it to your desired consistency.