Net Carbs: 6.7g per serving
Fat: 30g per serving
Protein: 21g per serving
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 8 oz sliced white mushrooms
- 8 oz asparagus, cut into 2″ to 3″ pieces
- 1 lb bay scallops
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp dried thyme or basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Italian style shredded cheese
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 3 Tbsp fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- Combine all topping ingredients and set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, lemon or lime juice, white mushrooms, and asparagus.
- Sauté over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Add the scallops, paprika, thyme, salt, black pepper, and hot sauce, and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently until scallops are no longer opaque.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the heavy cream, xanthan gum, mustard, and Italian style cheese.
- Add cream and cheese mixture to skillet, bring to a boil, and continue stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Crumble prepared topping evenly over pan.
- Place skillet in the oven six inches from heat and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown.