Yield: 12 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice of cake
Net Carbs: 3g per serving (including frosting)
Fat: 42g per serving
Protein: 6g per serving
- ½ cup walnut meal/flour (or make your own in food processor)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup Steviva MonkSweet+
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered Monk Fruit/Erythritol Sweetener
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tsp pure maple extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Ground and/or Candied Walnuts
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line two 8-inch round cake pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- Also oil the sides of the cake pans to prevent sticking.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Blend together all wet ingredients in a separate bowl using a hand or electric mixer.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and blend together until smooth. Batter will be stiff.
- Spoon batter into each cake pan, evenly distributing between both pans.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is firm and toothpick comes out clean.
For the Frosting and Assembly of Cake
- While the cake is baking, beat the cream cheese, butter, sweetener, coconut milk, and maple extract with hand or electric mixer until smooth.
- If necessary, add additional coconut milk, 1 Tbsp at a time, to lightly thin out the frosting.
- After cake has cooled for about 30 minutes, carefully remove one cake from pan and transfer onto cake platter.
- Spread frosting on top of this first cake layer.
- Remove second cake layer from pan and place on top of frosted layer.
- Spread frosting evenly over second layer.
- Frost around sides of cake and garnish as desired.
Looks tasty 😋