Yield: 8 servings
Net Carbs: 6g per serving
Fat: 19g per serving
Protein: 15g per serving
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 12 oz frozen chopped kale
- 12 oz bottle/can of drained, quartered artichokes
- 15 oz container of whole milk ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Italian-style shredded cheese, divided
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup sliced black olives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Oil a 9” x 12″ baking dish and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Stir in frozen kale and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the artichoke and sauté for an additional minute.
- Turn off the heat and set the skillet aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together the ricotta cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Blend in ¼ cup of the shredded cheese, beaten eggs, and seasonings.
- Transfer the cooked kale-artichoke mixture into the bowl with the cheese mixture and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Pour mixture into baking dish, using spatula to fill the dish, and evenly distribute the mixture.
- Sprinkle the balance of shredded cheese (¼ cup) over the mixture.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is slightly firm (it will continue to set as it cools).
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Garnish as desired.