Yield: 12 servings
- ⅓ cup walnut halves
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup almond flour
- 6 Tbsps cocoa powder
- ¾ cup Monksweet or sweetener of choice
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Two 8-oz bars (1 lb) regular cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Monksweet or sweetener of choice
- 6 Tbsps heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup 5-Minute Keto Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter the sides of a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with a cut-out of parchment paper to prevent sticking and to help with the removal of cheesecake before serving.
- Add walnut halves to food processor and pulse until reaching a meal-like consistency. Remove and set aside. This is your walnut meal.
- Place butter and chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the walnut meal, almond flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and vanilla until smooth. Blend in the almond/walnut mixture followed by the butter/chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Using a spatula, spread the mixture over the bottom of the lined pan and gently press down to ensure even distribution.
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until edges are set. Allow to cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using an electric or hand blender, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, sweetener, cream, and vanilla, blending until reaching a smooth consistency.
- Use a spatula to evenly spread the filling over the crust and place the springform pan on a shallow baking pan/cookie sheet.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until edges are set and center slightly “jiggles”. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cover cheesecake and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, run a thin spatula or knife with rounded edges around the edges of the baked cheesecake before removing the sides of the springform pan.
- Gently lift the cheesecake off the lined parchment and transfer to your serving dish.
- Drizzle with 5-Minute Keto Chocolate Fudge Sauce before serving.