Yield: 4 servings
- 4 Tbsps (¼ cup) olive oil, divided
- 2 chicken breasts (skinless and boneless)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1½ tsps dried Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and patted or squeezed dry
- ½ cup black olives
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided (reserve 2 Tbsp for topping)
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it starts to simmer.
- Add chicken breasts to skillet and sear for approximately 6 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet.
- Add the garlic, onion, spinach, and olives, stirring well to combine.
- Slowly add chicken broth, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese to the vegetable mixture, stirring until evenly blended and smooth.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken breasts back to the pan, spooning the vegetable and cream sauce over each chicken breast.
- Bring chicken and vegetable sauce mixture back to a simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Serve directly from skillet and garnish as desired.