Yield: 12 servings
Serving size: 1 slice
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup Monksweet or equivalent sweetener
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup blueberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Generously butter a 9-inch bundt pan or loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, whey protein powder, and baking powder, and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, use electric/hand mixer to blend together the sweetener and butter until smooth. Next, blend in cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract, and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries and add the wet batter mixture to the large bowl of dry ingredients. Use a spatula to stir and blend all together.
- Pour the batter into the bundt or loaf pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until firm to touch and lightly golden in color.
- Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Before serving, gently loosen the sides with a thin rubber spatula and then carefully flip onto a serving platter.
- Refrigerate up to one week or freeze.
Optional: Serve with Homemade Sugar-Free Whipped Topping (see below recipe)
Homemade Sugar-Free Whipped Topping
Directions: Using an electric/hand mixer on a high setting, beat together the following in a medium size bowl for 2 to 3 minutes or until it reaches a billowy and smooth texture.
- 1 cup (½ pint) cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp Monksweet or equivalent sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract