Yield: 2 servings (1 whole stuffed avocado per serving)
- 8 ounces cooked chicken, shredded (can use white or dark meat)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 medium ripe avocados, sliced in half and pitted (do not peel the avocados!)
- 2 to 3 tsp lime juice (based on desired tartness)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cumin (optional)
- Garnish with smoked paprika (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, sour cream, shredded cheese, onions, cilantro, and jalapeño (optional) in a large bowl.
- Slice the flesh of each avocado half into small cubes and scoop out the flesh, adding it to the chicken mixture, and reserving the empty (intact) avocado shells for later use.
- Gently fold the cubed avocado into the chicken mixture, blending well until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Stir in the lime juice and seasonings.
- Spoon the mixture into the empty avocado shells and garnish as desired.