Yield: 8 servings
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup grated or shredded cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil (divided)
- Microwave riced cauliflower in a covered microwave-safe dish for 5 minutes (cauliflower will ‘steam’ in the microwave).
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, flaxseed meal, xanthan gum, eggs, green onions, and spices, and mix together well.
- Add steamed cauliflower rice to flour-spice mixture and stir until well-blended.
- Heat two tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet over low-to-medium heat.
- Using an ice cream scoop or ¼ cup utensil, scoop cauliflower mixture onto hot oil in skillet.
- Use a heat-proof spatula to flatten mixture into a patty shape (note: a 10-12” skillet will accommodate 4 patties at a time).
- Fry each patty for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until they are light golden brown in color.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet and repeat the process with the remaining batter (can use additional oil as needed to help prevent sticking).
- Serve warm and garnish as desired.