Yield: 12 squares
Serving size: 1 square
For the crust:
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup Monksweet sweetener or equivalent granulated sweetener
- ½ cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
For the filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup Monksweet sweetener or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp lemon extract (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp Monksweet sweetener or equivalent granulated sweetener
To make the crust:
- Cream together the butter and sweetener.
- Add the coconut, coconut flour, and baking powder, and mix until well combined.
- Press into a 9 x 9-inch pan/dish lined with parchment paper and set aside.
To make the cream cheese filling:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, beat together (using a hand or electric mixer) the cream cheese, ⅓ cup sweetener, lemon juice, extracts, and egg until smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly over the crust.
- In a small bowl, mash the blueberries and 2 tbsp of sweetener together with a fork to blend well.
- Drop the mashed blueberries by the spoonful over the cheesecake mixture and swirl gently with a fork until evenly distributed on the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes and allow to chill before slicing and serving.