Yield: 18 mini-bagels
Serving size: 1 mini-bagel
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz regular cream cheese, sliced into small cubes
- 2½ cups shredded Mexican-style cheese blend (Cheddar, Monterrey Jack, Asadero, & Queso Blanco)
- 2 whole large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsps bottled jalapeño slices, drained and finely chopped
- Olive oil spray can (for handling dough)
- Sesame, poppy, or chia seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together almond flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, onion powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large microwavable bowl, microwave the cream cheese and shredded cheese blend for 1 minute. Remove and stir to combine. Return to microwave and cook for an additional minute, stirring well to blend until the cheese mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add flour mixture to cheese mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add beaten eggs and jalapeño slices, stirring well to combine until dough is formed.
- Lightly spray hands to separate dough into 6 similar sized pieces. Break off ⅓ of each piece of dough and roll it out to ~4-inch length using both hands. Use additional olive oil spray for both hands and dough as needed.
- Press the ends of the dough together to make a bagel shape and place on the lined baking sheet. Repeat process with remainder of dough for a total of 18 mini-sized bagel shapes.
- Place each bagel at least 1-inch apart on the lined baking sheet.
- Optional: top with seeds, gently pressing these into the dough.
- Bake for 14 to 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in either the refrigerator or freezer.