Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 stuffed chicken breast
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 6 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 tsp onion powder, divided
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and “butterfly” cut each breast in half horizontally (i.e. not all of the way through, but most of the way).
- Transfer sliced chicken breasts to a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and brush each breast with oil.
- In a small bowl, blend together 2 Tbsp of the Parmesan cheese, paprika, black pepper, and half a tsp of each of the salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese and seasoning mix evenly over both sides of each breast.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, 4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, chopped spinach, red pepper flakes, and ½ tsp each of salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Evenly spoon the spinach mixture into the pocket of each breast.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish as desired.