Yield: 12 slices
Serving size: 1 slice
- 1⅓ cups warm water (105 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 2 tsp inulin (feeds the yeast)
- 4 tsp yeast
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- ½ cup vital wheat gluten
- 6 Tbsp oat fiber
- 6 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup psyllium husk powder
- 2 Tbsp whey protein isolate
- 1½ Tbsp Monksweet or equivalent sweetener
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp raw or toasted hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- Line the bottom of an 8½” x 4½” loaf pan with parchment paper and oil/butter the sides of the pan.
- Add inulin to the warm water in a small bowl and stir until dissolved.
- Add yeast to the water mixture and set it aside to allow it to proof for approximately 5 minutes (until it forms a noticeable amount of foam).
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the following dry ingredients: almond flour, gluten, oat fiber, flaxseed meal, psyllium, whey protein, Monksweet (or other sweetener), baking powder, and salt.
- After proofing the yeast, add the water/yeast mixture to a dough mixer (with a dough hook attachment).
- Turn mixer to a low setting and gradually add in the dry ingredients mixture (dough should start forming in a matter of seconds).
- After ~1 minute, add the olive oil, sesame, hemp, and sunflower seeds and continue to run dough mixer for an additional 2 to 4 minutes until forming a cohesive and easy-to-handle dough.
- Remove dough from mixer and form into an oblong shape before placing in bread pan and then press the dough down to evenly fill the pan.
- Loosely cover the loaf pan with plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or a towel, and place in a preheated 110 degree Fahrenheit oven to rise for ~1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the oven and increase oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- The bread can be sliced warm. Wrap and store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer.