Yield: 4 servings
- 2 small heads of cauliflower sliced lengthwise to make four ¾-inch thick “steaks”
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup Walnut Cream Sauce
- ½ cup sliced cherry tomatoes or 2 sliced Romano tomatoes
- ½ cup Kalamata or black olives
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Chopped cilantro or parsley as garnish
- The balance of the cauliflower head will be florets and you can use same marinade to prepare these.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place cauliflower steaks on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Brush one half of the olive oil mixture over the top of the cauliflower steaks.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn over steaks.
- Brush the remaining olive oil mixture on the steaks.
- Return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove steaks from oven and raise temperature to 450 degrees.
- Spread the Walnut Cream Sauce evenly over the four cauliflower steaks.
- Top with sliced tomato, olives, and feta cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and tomatoes are well cooked.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.