Yield: 12 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup whey protein isolate (unflavored)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp dried chives
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 3 large eggs + 1 large egg white, beaten
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp (½ stick) salted butter, softened
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese + 1 Tbsp shredded cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Oil the cavities of a 12-cavity muffin pan to prevent sticking – can use paper liners if preferred, but these liners will also need to be oiled. Set muffin pan aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl (almond flour, whey protein isolate, baking powder, chives, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder).
- Create a small well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the beaten eggs, cream, butter, and cheddar cheese to the well in the middle of the bowl.
- Blend the dry and wet ingredients together with a large spatula until batter is smooth.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop batter and place into each muffin cavity. Evenly distribute the batter until each cavity is approximately ⅔ filled.
- Sprinkle the tops with the additional tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftover muffins in an airtight container or freezer bag.