Yield: 12 servings
Serving size: 1 slice
- 2 cups #Fearless Keto Maple Pancake & Muffin Mix
- ½ cup granulated sweetener of choice (i.e. Monksweet or Lakanto brands)
- ¼ cup (½ stick) melted butter, cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
For Crumb Topping
- 1 cup #Fearless Keto Maple Pancake & Muffin Mix
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit sweetener or equivalent brown granulated sweetener
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup (½ stick) cold butter, sliced very thin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter/oil a 10-inch spring-form cake pan or an ~11¾ inch x 7½ inch rectangular baking dish.
Prepare Crumb Topping
- In a medium-size bowl, combine 1 cup of the maple mix, walnuts, sweetener, cinnamon and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Set aside.
Prepare Cake Batter
- In a large mixing bowl combine the remaining 2 cups of maple mix and sweetener.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, stir the cooled melted butter, sour cream, and eggs, until well-combined.
- Fold the butter/sour cream/egg mixture into the dry mix and sweetener (in the large bowl) and stir until mixture forms a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan or baking dish.
- Use your hands to squeeze together the crumb mixture to form clumps before sprinkling the topping evenly over the cake batter.
- Gently press the crumb topping into the batter.
- Bake for ~43 to 48 minutes, or until the topping is lightly browned and sides of cake are slightly separated from the pan (Note: Avoid over-baking, as cake will continue to cook for a few minutes after removing from oven). If prepared in a more shallow baking dish, reduce baking time to ~35 to 40 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Can wrap and freeze individual crumb cake slices for an on-the-go breakfast or anytime treat!