Yield (using ½ bag of Fearless Chocolate mix): ~15 brownies
Serving size: 1 brownie (~2-inch square)
- 1 stick butter
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups (½ bag) Fearless Chocolate Pancake & Muffin Mix
- ½ cup powdered sweetener (i.e. Steviva Fine Powder Blend or Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener brands).
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped – reserve and set aside 2 Tbsp for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line an ~11¾ x 7½ inch rectangular baking dish with parchment paper (prioritize lining the bottom of the dish – can oil/spray the sides to avoid sticking).
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a double boiler, stirring occasionally until smooth (you can also melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl by microwaving in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until smooth).
- Remove from heat. Set bowl aside and stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a hand or electric mixer until frothy. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients (chocolate mix, powdered sweetener, salt, and walnuts).
- Add melted chocolate mixture to the beaten eggs, stirring well until smooth, followed by the dry ingredients, stirring well to combine and incorporate all until reaching the consistency of a smooth batter (note: batter will thicken as it stands so additional liquid should not be needed).
- Transfer the batter to the lined baking dish, and using the back of a spatula, smooth the top of the batter to ensure an even distribution.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped walnuts over the top and press down gently.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes (note: brownies will continue to cook for a few minutes after removing from oven – avoid overbaking).
- Allow to cool completely before removing from baking dish or slicing.
- Can wrap and freeze in an airtight container for an ‘anytime’ chocolate fix!