Servings: 12 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 1 cup fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- ⅓ cup Monksweet or equivalent sugar-free sweetener
- 1 Tbsp orange zest or ½ tsp orange extract (optional)
- 3 whole eggs
- ¼ cup (4 Tbsp) sour cream
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 bag (3 cups) Fearless Vanilla Pancake & Muffin Mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line and/or oil a 12-cavity muffin tin.
- Place the cranberries, sweetener, and orange zest/extract in a food processor and pulse for 5 to 10 seconds until cranberries are finely chopped. Set mixture aside.
- Use an electric or hand mixer to beat the eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Add the sour cream followed by the melted butter and continue to blend until smooth.
- Add the Fearless Vanilla mix and the cinnamon to the egg, sour cream, and butter mixture and use a spatula to blend the dry and wet ingredients together, mixing well to form a smooth batter.
- Fold in the cranberry and sweetener mixture and stir to combine all.
- Use a tablespoon to evenly scoop the batter into the lined muffin tin (~2 Tbsp batter per cavity).
- Optional: Top with chopped walnuts, gently pressing the nuts into the batter.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes (Note: muffins will continue to cook after removing from oven so avoid over baking!).
- To keep muffins moist after removing from oven, lightly cover the muffins with a sheet of aluminum foil or wax paper.
- Wrap and freeze leftover muffins for a delicious on-the-go breakfast or anytime snack.