Yield: 12 slices
Serving size: 1 slice
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup Monksweet or granulated sugar-free sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup butter (½ stick), softened
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 bag (3 cups) #Fearless Maple or Vanilla Pancake & Muffin Mix
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves (optional)
- 1 Tbsp dried orange zest (optional)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp sugar-free confectioner’s (powdered) sweetener
- 1 tsp maple extract
- Optional topping: ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the bottom of a 9” springform pan and oil the sides (can also use a well-oiled or lined large 9” x 5” loaf pan).
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric or hand mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add sweetener, sour cream, butter, and eggs, and continue to blend with mixer to ensure the batter consistency remains smooth.
- Using a spatula, gradually stir in the contents of the entire bag of Fearless Keto Maple or Vanilla Pancake & Muffin mix, spices, and orange zest (optional), stirring until all ingredients are blended together and the batter is smooth (Note: batter will continue to thicken as it stands).
- Pour batter into the prepared springform pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake is relatively firm to touch. (Note: cake will continue to cook a bit after removing from oven so avoid over baking).
- Cover cake with foil after removing from oven to keep it moist.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from pan and frosting it (Note: use a spatula to gently loosen the sides and edges of the cake before removing).
- Using a hand or electric mixer, blend together all the frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Optional: sprinkle with chopped walnuts or garnish as desired.
- Any leftover cake can be wrapped and frozen in an airtight container.