Yield: 12 donuts (3¼ inch diameter)
Serving Size: 1 donut
- 1 bag (3 cups) Fearless Chocolate Pancake & Muffin Mix
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract (enhances the chocolate flavor)
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar-free powdered or confectioner’s sweetener
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Generously oil the donut cavities (will have to make in batches if using a 6 cavity donut pan). Helpful hint: if you have unsweetened cocoa powder handy, it can be sprinkled onto the oiled cavity to help prevent sticking. You can also use a silicone donut pan – depending on the silicone pan, you might have to oil the silicone molds as well.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, blend together the Fearless Chocolate Mix, the beaten eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract (optional) until smooth. Note: batter will thicken as it stands.
- Use a piping or food storage bag with the tip cut off to evenly pipe the batter into the donut cavities. Note: the batter can also be spooned into the cavities, scraping off any of the batter that is spilled outside the cavity with a spatula.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes. Note: donuts will continue to cook after removing from oven so avoid over baking.
- Cover the donut pan(s) with aluminum foil/wax or parchment paper (keeps them moist) and set aside to cool as you prepare the frosting.
- For the frosting, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend together until smooth.
- Wait until fully cooled to remove donuts from pan/molds and dip the top of each donut into the frosting and allow to set. Optional: sprinkle with flaked coconut, chopped walnuts, or as desired.
- Can wrap and freeze the donuts for an anytime treat!