Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (or regular paprika)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- Olive oil spray (can also use olive oil)
- 1¼ lb skinless boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (½ large lemon)
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, mix together the rosemary, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the chicken with olive oil spray (or olive oil) and coat/sprinkle the seasoning blend onto all sides.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Place the seasoned chicken in a single layer in the skillet and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Adjust the cooking time based on the thickness (cooking thermometer should read 165 F).
- While the chicken is cooking, steam or microwave the green beans until almost done but still crisp and set aside.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Lower the burner temperature and add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the skillet, followed by the garlic, pepper flakes, lemon juice, and cooked green beans and stir together for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the broth and heat the mixture for an additional 2 to 3 minutes
- Return cooked chicken to skillet and spoon some of the warm broth mixture over the top. Adjust seasoning according to taste and garnish as desired.